Just because modular building is cheaper, faster, and environmentally friendlier doesn’t mean that your modular home will be any less beautiful. No matter what your taste is, the design possibilities with modular buildings are endless.
In fact, the time and money you save with modular building can be used to explore the many ways you can make your modular home look fabulous. Here are some ideas for you to consider.
- Building a Porch. A front porch can completely change the look and feel of your home. Porches are charming, welcoming, and inviting. They also add extra living space. Relaxing on the porch while reading a book or sipping tea is a perfect way to spend a weekend afternoon.
- Adding Dormers to the Roof. Dormers add character and variety to the house. Not only are they inexpensive, but they are beautiful as well. In many cases, you don’t actually have to do any work to the roof to add dormers. Should you decide to, however, you can cut away part of the roof and attach the dormer, allowing more natural light to enter the room.
- Using Decorative Roofing. As mentioned earlier, it’s a common misconception that modular buildings are ugly. But this is far from true. In fact, with modular construction, it is actually easier than with traditional construction to create aesthetically pleasing roofs. While traditional homes might require a specialty roofer to buy and install expensive tiles, slate, or ceramic, modular builders can take advantage of bulk purchasing power to get great deals on beautiful roofing material.
- Adding Your Own Touches to the Front Door. The front door of a house says a lot about the people living in it. It is one of the most efficient and effective ways of setting your house apart from all the others on the block. So make your front door “you”!
- Painting. Adding some color and texture to your home can really work wonders. Take advantage of paint to give your home more character.
- Installing Interesting Windows. The possibilities of window design are extensive. Having windows of a variety of shapes and sizes not only adds flavor to the house, it can also bring in more natural light.
Nashua Builders is here to assist you will all of your modular construction needs. If you are considering building a modular home, contact Nashua Builders today.
Elitzer, J. (2015). 7 Tips for a Beautiful Modular Home Exterior. Definitive Guide to Building Modular; Modular Homeowners.