We at Nashua Builders know that Modular Construction is cutting edge.
We know so many of the benefits of prefab construction and modular building, and that is why that is what we do.
We know Modular Building is cheaper, faster, and is just as good as the traditional model of building. There is also more control possible when you are building in a factory.
And, we want you to know the detailed ways that modular is better.
We can say it is cheaper, faster and better as many times as we want, but, we feel it would be helpful if you really understood the individual factors that can affect things such as time, cost and quality.
Here is a top 10 reasons why modular is great:
- There is a faster ROI for the owner of a modular building.
- Fewer dollars are spent on construction loans for the owner.
- Lower building permit fees (and fewer onsite inspections)
- Design defects are eliminated at an early stage of construction at the factory, which significantly reduces on site change orders, schedule delays and cost of the changes.
- Less onsite space is needed for storage of materials, minimal neighborhood disturbance, and reduced construction-related noise, dust, erosion and damage to existing landscape.
- The general contractor is tying up bonding fees for less time with fewer subcontractors (which saves you money)
- Less workers onsite equals less liability insurance needed for the site, and for a shorter amount of time.
- The general contractor needs less supervision staff on site than they would normally need with a site-built project.
- Lead times are reduced by increasing predictability and reducing uncertainty due to external factors such as absenteeism, weather, accidents and subcontractor schedules.
- Onsite production increases where there are ordinarily limits due to seasonal limitations (i.e. snow in the wintertime).
Whether you are looking for the construction of modular hotel, a school, a home—or anything else you can think of—we at Nashua Builders are here to help.
And, if you are really interested in updates and information about modular building, you can always check out the modular building institute for more.